Skilled coaching or mentoring should be an integral part of any management development strategy. The development of an internal cadre of coach/mentors can produce and sustain significant long-term benefits. LeaderShape has developed a proven and successful model for training internal Coach/Mentors for organisations.
Starting with an initial two-day programme, coach/mentors are developed individually and as a cohort. Their development continues over a course of 6 months to one year, dependent upon the nature and scope of the client's requirements. This continuing development is provided by one-to-one coaching and skills workshops delivered by an experienced external coach-tutor who will act in a supervisory role during and following the training programme.
A typical programme would include:
- Introduction to the concept of coach/mentoring
- Self-awareness - the key to unlocking successful coach/mentoring
- Mentoring and coaching skills – including questioning and feedback technique
- Introduction to the coaching model
- Coaching practice
- Reflection Techniques
- One to one verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Listening Skills
- Additional Coaching Tools to take the skills to the next level.
Take a look at our University accredited courses and give your staff qualifications to be proud of - even for those who have never been to University! All the way from a Post-graduate certificate to a full MA - these University of Chester study programmes are tailored to your workplace to bring immediate benefits and long-term staff value.